Monday, July 29, 2013

Foot Appeal: My July BDJBox 7-Day Challenge

Warning: There may be pictures in this post that may gross out some people, so proceed at your own discretion. Thank you.

I received this foot peeling mask Foot Appeal from my July BDJ Box. To be honest, I have never even heard of at-home foot peeling masks before this. My idea of foot masks are the ones done in Nail Salon Spas.

Anyway, after opening the pack, you will see two separate sock-shaped plastics with fluid inside. You have to be careful when cutting the packs open so the fluids don't spill out and wear it on your feet so that your feet are soaking in the fluids. (Sorry I don't have a picture of the plastic socks and the soaking since I had to put my kids to bed and didn't have time to take a pic). 


They also provide a piece of sticky tape to fasten the plastic socks on your feet to prevent it from slipping. You also need to wear a regular sock over your Foot Appeal plastic socks and leave it to soak for about 60-90mins.

Notice from my Before picture above that I had a lot of rough spots "kalyo" and cracked heel. 
For me, I soaked my feet for only 60 mins since I didn't realize that I had some scrapes on my toe that was stinging from the soak. It is advisable to use the Foot Appeal mask only when you don't have any wounds or broken skin on your feet. 

I washed my feet with warm soapy water afterwards. (And I must say that the soaking fluid really stinks!) As if it's like a heavy alcohol/acetone smell. Buy hey, it's the price we pay for beauty. Hehe. I also noticed that I should have took off my nail polish prior to using the mask since the nail polish on my toes had also disintegrated. 

Anyway, I didn't notice much the first 2-3 days. But on the 3rd night, I noticed some peeling on my feet...

The 4th-5th day... A LOT more peeling! It was begining to look like my skin was shedding like snake's skin does! And even while I pulled away some of the hanging peeled skin...it wasn't painful at all. By the way, it's best not to forcefully pull off peeling skin to prevent damage to the new skin.



As you can see, those are BIG peeled skin...I was afraid that it was going to hurt but it never did. It was like taking off the top layer and revealing new smoother skin underneath!

After 7 days, there was minimal peeling left and this is what my heel and the bottom of my feet look like...


As you can see on my 7th day...my heels were visibly smoother but the sole of my feet in the mid area still needs some work but has a lot of improvement as well.

Below is a closer inspection of the "before" and "after" pic of my heel for closer comparison:


The "before" pic was taken with flash at night while the "after" pic was takin with morning light streaming through the window. You will notice that the "after" pic of my feet is more pinkish and smooth. 

Overall, I think Foot Appeal really works and am quite positive that after subsequent uses, it will help eliminate ALL of my rough spots thoroughly. Since it is suggested in the packaging that you use this every 2-3 months, will be purchasing another two in the next few months again. Am giving one to my hubby for his use and another for mine! Can't believe how different my heels look now! Am LOVIN' it!!! ;)

How about you? Think this is worth a try?
Check out https://www.facebook.com/footappeal

To get your own subscription to BDJBox visit http://www.bdjbox.com

No comments:

Post a Comment