Tuesday, March 19, 2013

What I Cried About Today.. A letter to my Aunt who Passed Away

I've recently lost a great aunt...my cousins lost their dear mom and my mom lost her loving sister. It's a sad time for all of us since we didn't see it coming. The only signs of her being sick was her fatigue, which can be easily mistaken for something unalarming.
She was diagnosed with Acquired Aplastic Anemia a few days after her 62nd birthday. She was confined the hospital for about a week, and just last Saturday morning while my family was in Tagaytay, we got the news that she passed away already.
It just hurts a lot...many of us cannot believe she's gone now. And I know many of us are asking "why?".  But we don't know what God's plan is. For her husband and her kids and the rest of the family she herself was not ready to leave behind. We just have to move on and keep memories of her in our hearts.
Many of us were not able to say goodbye and see her alive one last time, so this is my way of getting some closure...

Dear Auntie M.,

Thank you for being a wonderful sister to my mom. I will always be grateful for the way you  candidly advised her, looked out for her and listened to her.
I love the candid photo of you taken at my wedding...how you smiled and cheered for us. You looked so happy for us that day, I truly am touched at how you embraced being our Ninang that day.
We will miss your leche flan, the gigantic prawns you bring to christmas dinners, your ready laugh and fondness of the kids.
We will just miss you.

May you be at peace, Auntie M. Don't worry about us... we will get through somehow. You taught us how to be strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment